Behavioral Health Clinic Assistant
Behavioral Health Clinic Assistant Salud Medical Center Woodburn, Oregon Full-time, 40 hrs/wk Provides administrative support for the Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC) in the primary care clinic, processes referrals, administers screening instruments and schedules patients. Graduation from a Medical Assistant training program is strongly preferred. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. If Medical Assistant, must also have graduated from a medical assistant training program.
- Experience: Six months experience in a health care setting, as a nursing assistant preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: CPR certification within 3 months employment. Must obtain HIV/AIDS training within 30 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual in English/Spanish with a demonstrated ability to score a level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale; ability to learn medical terminology, anatomy, disease transmission and prevention in English and Spanish; must be able to competently communicate verbally and in writing in both English and Spanish; Must be computer literate and have demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team and to learn medical and behavioral health terminology.
We serve more than 149,000 across 24 medical clinics, 12 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 59 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.