This person will assist patients by scheduling appointments and providing explanations and translating information (in person, by phone, or by letter) concerning the dental clinic, charges, policies, and procedures. Registers patients and prepares new charts. Pulls charts for next day appointments and makes reminder calls to all scheduled appointments. Files charts away at end of the day.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: Previous work in an office setting helpful.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: None.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual English/Spanish. Demonstrates ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale; typing/computer skills; personable-likes to work with people; knowledge of dental terms and rudimentary skills preferred; and experience working in medical/dental offices preferred. Basic computer skill and knowledge required.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care. Recognizing social determinates of health, we also have community programs that offer assistance with employment and training, afterschool education, rental and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.