Epic Business Intelligence Analyst (REMOTE POSITION)
Primary Purpose for BI Analysts:
Responsible for delivering enterprise business intelligence tools that enable our business partners to deliver affordable, high-quality patient care and services. This role designs and documents specifications for new solutions; leads testing and validation efforts; manages and executes application and Epic system configuration activities; and drafts training materials. The solutions designed and developed may use a variety of BI applications or software and may use a variety of complex data sources, especially the Epic EHR. Works independently to fulfill job duties with minimal supervision. As a member of a scrum team, this role will participate in scrum rituals, consulting the Scrum Master on process improvement activities and assisting the Product Owner with translating business requests into user stories in the backlog.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or a 2-year technical degree with 2 years of experience required. Proven experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- Experience: 7 years in Reporting, Analytics, Business Intelligence, or reporting applications support in a HealthCare setting, preferably with Epic. Clinical, healthcare operations, or revenue cycle experience preferred.
- Epic Application Reporting Certification is required (such as Application Reporting Lead Certification, Epic Cogito Project Manager, or Reporting Workbench/Radar Certification)
- At least one Epic Clarity Data Model Certification/Proficiency is required (such as Ambulatory or Professional Billing)
- Epic Caboodle Data Model Certification/Proficiency preferred
- Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred
- Current driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- If Epic training is needed, travel to Wisconsin may be required for as many as 8-10 training sessions over several months. Epic Certification or Proficient Status may be required within 90 days of training to permit continued employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of:
- Epic, Microsoft, and SAP Reporting and Analytics Tools
- Value-based care, clinical operations or revenue cycle operations
- Agile Software Delivery, especially Scrum
- Data Quality and Data Governance Principles and Practices
- Skills in:
- Communication - both oral and written - sufficient to exchange or convey information at all corporate levels
- Requirements gathering and documenting clinical and business processes/procedures,
- Designing/building/executing comprehensive workflow-based test plans and scripts,
- Analyzing and resolving system problems.
- Product Owner: Product delivery and strategy including product road mapping.
- Scrum Master: Facilitation, coaching, and organizing teams
- Ability to:
- Lead large groups and teams to make key decisions and complete projects
- Identify and assess challenges and deliver effective solutions
- Learn new applications or other external data models
- Product Owner: Define and Prioritize a product roadmap based on input from external stakeholders and broken down into stories
- Scrum Master: Lead continuous improvement efforts
- Knowledge of:
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.