This is a Relief (on-call) position utilized as-needed with no guarantee of hours.
Are you a new RN grad or experienced professional looking to make a positive difference in the community? Do you want to use your nursing skills in a team-based environment working with underserved and at-risk patients? Do you want to gain experience caring for patients with diverse and complex health issues and work at the top of your license? Are you looking for competitive pay and better work-life balance? If you answered Yes to these questions, then we have a great opportunity for you!
What we’re looking for:
- An RN who’s passionate about community health and working with underserved populations.
- Someone who thrives in a fast paced, team-centered environment.
- A clear communicator who is able to build strong relationships with all clinic staff and patients.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Utilize your knowledge of established professional nursing concepts, and principles of practices to determine and assess the medical needs of patients.
- Deliver direct, compassionate, quality care to patients, and support providers during outpatient office procedures.
- Build relationships with patients and see the results of their improved health and the direct positive impact you’ve made in their lives.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- No night shifts, no on-call rotations
What do you need?
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- RN license for the state of practice, or ability to obtain license before starting work
We serve more than 166,000 across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.