The YouthBuild Instructor will supervise and/or provide instruction as necessary, in a classroom setting to out of school youth to assist them in obtaining their GED or other employment ready certification, as well as necessary coaching and employment training that will assist them in entering the workforce.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of experience teaching basic skills to young adults.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Teacher Certification in Secondary Education as required in the State of Washington (OSPI). CTE certification preferred. Current Washington State driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of GED or ABE learning objectives; ability to develop and implement effective lesson plans; ability to maintain classroom management.
We serve more than 149,000 across 24 medical clinics, 12 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 59 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.