What types of children does BHS serve?
- Most children range in age from 6-18
- Children may be part of a sibling group
- Come from diverse ethnic and cultural populations
- May have medical, mental, and/or physical health issues
- May have been exposed to drug and alcohol use/abuse
All foster children are affected by the separation from their family. Sometimes this stress and worry show up in their behavior. Some children have not experienced the usual routines of family life and need extra understanding and patience.
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent or would like more information, submit an interest form.