Thank you for considering Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. We welcome individuals with a deep sense of passion for the underserved. As one of the largest community health centers in the nation, we are committed to providing quality care with dignity and compassion.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic has worked hard to develop a competitive compensation program that offers a comfortable salary guarantee in addition to production, quality, and patient satisfaction-based incentives.
Ensuring your Health and Wellness
The health and wellness of our physicians is an important part of our patient-centered philosophy. Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic’s benefits plan is designed to assure our physicians are healthy and happy.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous life Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Time off including personal leave time, extended sick time and holidays
- Employee assistance program
Caring For Your Financial Future
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic has designed a retirement savings program intended to help you build a comfortable future. The retirement plan package allows you an opportunity to work towards future plans for yourself and your family while helping your community meet its healthcare needs.
- Profit-sharing plan
- Tax-sheltered annuities
- A generous supplemental retirement plan for the career-minded physician
- Long-term disability
In addition to the generous benefits noted above, we also offer the following:
- Malpractice coverage, including an extended endorsement (tail) policy
- Professional allowance
- Reimbursement for state license fees and DEA registration
- Homeownership assistance including loan programs, real estate services, and relocation assistance
Loan Repayment Information
Loan repayment programs offer a great way to pay down your health professional training debt. Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is an eligible site for both state and federal loan repayment programs. While we cannot guarantee loan repayment awards, many of our providers have successfully applied and received awards. Please review the sites listed for eligibility criteria and deadlines.
- The Health Professional Loan Repayment Program
- Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program
- Partnership State Loan Repayment Program
- National Health Service Corps
Medical Spanish Immersion Program
All providers are offered a rewarding 4-week Spanish Immersion Program in Guatemala. The most important goal of the program is to increase the students’ cultural competency in addition to their language skills. With those language skills, students will learn tools necessary to take a history and perform a physical examination in Spanish or address simple health care needs.
- Learn to perform a patient history and physical in Spanish.
- Gain experience with and exposure to common medicines prescribed in the Pop Wuj
Clinic and their daily regimens.
- Address health care concerns not commonly seen in the US (e.g., malnutrition/stunting,
parasitic infections, skin infections, etc.).
- Become familiar with the challenges of providing care in a resource-limited setting;
- Gain proficiency in managing common medical problems and preventive health needs
of underserved populations.
- Learn and practice cultural competency (i.e., with background knowledge of patients’
expectations of doctors, effective communication styles for Latino/Guatemalan patients,
to improve doctor-patient trust and patient compliance).
- Compassionate health care delivery.
This program is completed in partnership with Pop Wuj. Pop Wuj, pronounced “Pope-woo” is located in Quetzaltenango Guatemala, also known by its indigenous name, Xela (pronounced “shay-la”), which is the second-largest city in Guatemala. Pop Wuj clinic currently has 2 Guatemalan doctors on-staff. Spanish is the primary language spoken in Xela. Their dialect is clear and slower-paced compared to Mexican Spanish. Slang words are uncommon.