Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic keeps records of the health care services we provide you.
You have the right to a copy of your health record in paper or electronic form. Generally, Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic uses your health information for purposes of treatment, payment, or healthcare operations. We will not disclose your protected health information to others or for other purposes unless you direct us to do so, or unless the law authorizes or compels us.
How will we use or disclose your information? Here are a few examples (for more detail, please refer to the full version of the Notice of Privacy Practices):
- When we set up an appointment for you
- When the doctor prescribes medication
- If we refer you to another provider
- When we order lab work for you
- Appointment reminders
- To obtain payment for our services
You have certain rights regarding the information we maintain about you. These rights include:
- The right to be notified in the event of a breach
- The right to opt-out of communications for fundraising or marketing purposes
- The right to restrict disclosures to a health plan concerning treatment for which you have paid out of pocket in full
- The right to inspect, copy and request an amendment to any health information
- The right to an accounting of disclosures that will list certain disclosures pertaining to your health information
- The right to request a restriction on the health information (including psychotherapy notes) we use or disclose about you for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations
- You have the right to request who we communicate with about your health care and the method or location that you choose
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with the practice or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. All complaints must be submitted in writing, and all complaints will be investigated without repercussions to you.
Any requests stated above need to be in writing and submitted to the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic HIPAA Privacy Officer. See 45 C.F.R. § 164.524.
To obtain a full version of the Notice of Privacy Practices, please contact the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic HIPAA Privacy Officer at 509.759.1313, 1220 S. 1st Street, Yakima, WA 98901.