The Salud Rural Maternal Child Health Fellowship program has specific requirements with certain numbers of hours completed over one year of training. They are designed to provide integrated experiences in community and inpatient environments during the one year of concentrated study and hands-on training.
- 6 months – Salud OB Hospitalist service with regular outpatient medicine clinic days
- 1 month – Legacy Salmon Creek NICU and newborn service
- 1 month – Legacy Salmon Creek Maternal-Fetal Medicine and high-risk OB service
- 1 month – Legacy Emanuel High-risk OB hospitalist service
- Longitudinal contact for scheduled and unscheduled elective LTCS, D&C, PP BTL’s, and GYN procedures with the Salud service, Legacy Silverton OB/GYN group, and family physicians at Silverton Hospital.
- 3-4 months – Elective time coordinated with fellowship director and fellow, dependent on clinic availability and interests of the fellow. May include:
- Visiting rural clinical rotations
- Research project
- Targeted personal practice developments