How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our program, we are eager to meet with you all this interview season. We are determined to find our next class of residents, who are well-suited for our program. We also want to ensure that the Sollus Northwest Family Nurse Practitioner Residency is equally well-suited for your personal and professional goals.
The following items are required to complete the application process for the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Sollus Northwest Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Program:
- Online Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- What experiences have led you to choose nursing as a profession and the role of a family nurse practitioner as a specialty practice?
- What are the goals you are looking to accomplish during your residency? Please identify specific areas of interest by lifecycle, age, or setting that you would like to develop increased mastery, competency, or confidence in.
- Tell us about the patient population you want to provide care for and why. Perhaps you can share about your experience working with underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Can you tell us how you relate to the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Mission Statement?
- Where do you see yourself post-residency?
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (one academic, one professional, and one of your choice.) Please address letters to Sollus Northwest Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Program Selection Committee.
- Official MSN or DNP transcript(s).
Note: Transcripts and letters of recommendation MUST either be emailed from your university/letter writer to NPResidency@yvfwc.org or sealed with the school’s seal/letter writer’s signature and mailed to:
Sollus NW Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Program
601 North Keys Road
Yakima, WA 98901
- December 1, 2020: Application open for 2020-2021
- March 5, 2021: Application Deadline
- March 29-30, 2021: Interviews
- September 6, 2021: Residency program starts
Please note: your CV and personal statement must be attached to your required online application. For complete information/instructions regarding the required application requirements & how to submit them, use this Family Nurse Practitioner Application Required Items (PDF 108 KB) document.
- Applicants must be recent graduates (less than 18 months from the program start month, September 2021) MSN or DPN from an accredited program
- Family Nurse Practitioner board certification by the start of the program
- Washington state RN and ARNP license by start of the program.
- FNP-C credentialed eligible.
- Commitment to practicing as a primary care provider in an FQHC or other safety-net settings.
Questions about the application process should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.