How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our program, we are eager to meet with you all this interview season. We are determined to find our next class of residents who are well-suited for our program. We also want to ensure that the Sollus Northwest Family Nurse Practitioner Residency is equally well-suited for your personal and professional goals.
YAKIMA – APPLY NOW
The following items are required to complete the application process for the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Sollus Northwest Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Program:
- Online Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- What experiences have led you to choose nursing as a profession and the role of a family nurse practitioner as a specialty practice?
- What are the goals you are looking to accomplish during your residency? Please identify specific areas of interest by lifecycle, age, or setting that you would like to develop increased mastery, competency, or confidence in.
- Tell us about the patient population you want to provide care for and why. Perhaps you can share about your experience working with underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Can you tell us how you relate to the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Mission Statement?
- Where do you see yourself post-residency?
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (one academic, one professional, and one of your choice.) Please address letters to Sollus Northwest Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Program Selection Committee. Letters must be sent directly from the letter writer, emailed to NPResidency@yvfwc.org
- Official MSN or DNP transcript(s). MUST either be emailed from your university to NPResidency@yvfwc.org or sealed with the school’s seal and mailed to:
Sollus NW Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Program
601 North Keys Road
Yakima, WA 98901
- December 1, 2022: Application open for 2023-2024 program
- February 17, 2023: Application Deadline
- March 27-28, 2023: Interviews
- April 10, 2023: Offers extended
- September 11, 2023: Residency program starts
Please note: your CV and personal statement must be attached to your required online application. For complete information/instructions regarding the required application requirements & how to submit them, use this Family Nurse Practitioner Application Required Items (PDF 105 KB) document.
- Applicants must be recent graduates (less than 18 months from the program start month, September 2023) MSN or DNP from an accredited program
- Family Nurse Practitioner board certification by the start of the program
- Washington or Oregon state RN and ARNP license by start of the program.
- FNP-C credentialed eligible.
- Commitment to practicing as a primary care provider in an FQHC or other safety-net settings.
Questions about the application process should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Why Consider a Family Nurse Practitioner Residency?
- Family Nurse Practitioners provide effective & high-quality patient care and have an important role in improving the quality of patient care in the United States.
- YVFWC offers a thoroughly structured post-graduate residency training program, like that of our physician colleagues. Family Nurse Practitioners improve the clinical skills, confidence, productivity, and job satisfaction needed to work successfully in the underserved setting.
I Live in a State Other than Washington or Oregon, May I Apply?
- Out-of-state applicants for our FNP residency program are considered the same as our in-state applicants.
What are the Dates to Apply for the 2023-2024 Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Program?
- Applications will be accepted starting December 1, 2022. Application Deadline: February 17, 2023. All components of the required online application must be received by this date.
Do You Have Any Other Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Programs in Other States/Locations?
- No, the Sollus Northwest Family Nurse Practitioner Residency program is only located in Yakima, WA and Salem, OR with a cohort size of three at each location.
How Many Residents are Accepted Each Year?
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Sollus Northwest Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner Residency currently is accepting three Family Nurse Practitioner residents per location, six total.
I Applied, Now What?
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic will make every attempt to respond to any applicant who meets all minimum requirements and to those who have submitted a complete application packet. If you have any questions regarding your application, please feel free to email NPResidency@yvfwc.org
- Throughout the application period, we will be communicating with candidates regarding the status of applications. Notifications of completed applications will be sent upon receipt of all required information.
I Graduated from an NP Program that is Not a Family Nurse Practitioner Program, Can I Still Apply?
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is only accepting Family Nurse Practitioners into our residency program.
What if I am a NHSC Scholarship Recipient?
- If you have an NHSC scholar obligation or are seeking loan repayment, please let us know. NHSC legislation does not permit internship or residency to be counted as part of the obligatory period of service but does allow deferrals of up to one year for scholars who wish to participate in residency programs.
I need a visa sponsorship. Does Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic provide a visa sponsorship for the NP residency program?
- Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic does not provide visa sponsorships because the NP residency program does not meet the necessary criteria.