Safe Haven offers free citizenship classes. The classes are in partnership with Yakima Valley College. This program will help participants:
- Learn English or improve English language skills
- Prepare immigrants for the naturalization test
Parents as Teachers
Parents as Teachers helps children learn, grow, and develop to their full potential. We provide information and support parents need to help their children develop during the crucial early years of life. Our goal is to help parents get involved with their children in ways that lead to a lifetime of good health, and educational and future success. Parents as Teachers is a free program for those who are:
- Expecting a child
- Caregivers of children ages 0-3
- Foster parents
- Other caregivers
- In need of extra parenting support
- Interested in school readiness
We are proud our Parents as Teachers program is recognized as a Blue Ribbon affiliate.
Personal home visits
Parents are paired up with a trained parent educator who will support their parenting goals, conduct personal visits, and help them become their child’s first teacher.
Enjoy fun events and playgroups with other parents of small children while you learn, make friends and support each other.
While checking in during personal visits, the parent educator will test to detect hearing, vision and/or learning issues, so they can be dealt early.
Helps you find and use community resources.
Guidance from other parents provides
- More understanding about your child’s development
- Support from those who have been through similar issues
- Help seeing developmental delays or health issues in your kids
- Help recognizing child abuse and neglect
- Help preparing your children for school
NCAC Contact the Program