|MATCH / PASS
|Length of program
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic hosts residents from NYU Langone Dental Medicine-Advanced Education in Pediatric Dentistry. This is a 24-month full-time health center and hospital-based CODA-accredited training program. Upon successful completion of all requirements, the resident is awarded a Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry and meets the advanced education eligibility requirements of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. Graduates are well prepared to be contributing members of the health care team in a hospital environment, academic institution, community healthcare facility, or private practice. This program commences on July 1 of each year.
For the most current information regarding the NYU Langone Dental Medicine-Advanced Education in Pediatric Dentistry Residency, please visit the NYU Langone Dental Medicine website.
We believe in the right to wellness for all in a comprehensive, preventative approach to health. We value cultural diversity and teamwork, and we respect the dignity of our clients, patients, and residents. The selection process for our program is in compliance with federal, state, and local non-discrimination policies. All candidates are judged according to the merits of their own application packages.
This innovative program is a hybrid blend of a strong distance-learning didactic curriculum, local in-person didactic curriculum, and extensive clinical experience. Distance-based didactic learning is achieved with web-based education modules delivered via an asynchronous platform (Brightspace), as well a through live videoconferencing sessions. Graduates of the program are trained to be an integral part of the healthcare team and the hospital environment. Experiences are provided in general anesthesia, oral sedation, special patient care, ethics, and advocacy.
- Strong didactic and clinical foundation in pediatric dentistry
- Modern clinical facilities
- Extensive training in the use of pharmacological/no pharmacological modalities of treatments
- The historic percentage of NYU Langone Dental Medicine-Advanced Education in Pediatric Dentistry graduates who have passed the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry written Qualifying Examination equals or exceed the national average.
- The historic percentage of NYU Langone Dental Medicine-Advanced Education in Pediatric Dentistry graduates who have passed the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry Oral Clinical Examination and have obtained Board Certified-Diplomate status equals or exceeds the national average.
The patient population varies by program site but can be broadly defined as low-income and underserved patients of all ages. Our patients are primarily Hispanic, Spanish-speaking migrant/seasonal farmworkers, and their family members. However, Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinics serve patients from a wide variety of races, ethnicities, and cultures. The patients served at our clinics often cannot access dental care anywhere else. The majority of our patients are on Medicaid or have no dental insurance, many of whom are living below the federal poverty level. For more information about our patients, view patient information in our Community Report.