Job Training Placements
Thank you for your interest in placement with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. Please note that it currently takes 60 days to process all placement requests because of concerns about COVID-19.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic partners with Northwest Community Action Center (NCAC), People for People, Blue Mountain Community Action Council, OIC/WA, and other community programs to provide training opportunities. Applicants requesting training with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic must meet the following requirements prior to the start of placement:
- Written authorization from the program case manager to participate.
- Personal interview with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic supervisor and site staff.
- Acceptable criminal background check provided by the sponsoring program.
- Proof of current Two-Step Tuberculosis Skin Test or other acceptable documentation of TB status.
- Seasonal Influenza vaccination.
- Health tests are the responsibility and expense of sponsoring programs or the candidate.
- Completed application and orientation documents. (You may send us electronic copies of the following documents when you apply.) The following additional documentation is required a minimum of 10 business days before the placement start date:
- A statement of interest and specific learning goals for your training experience.
- Copy of your resume if you have prior work or volunteer experience or training.
- Training participants who must use a language other than English with patients or clients will be required to complete an ALTA language fluency test (at Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic expense) prior to being cleared to interpret or speak with patients/clients in a language other than English. Testing must be scheduled at least 3 business days prior to the test date.
- Participants who will work under state-issued license (i.e., Dental Assistant, C.N.A) must provide an active license prior to the start date. Additional training, health, and background requirements may apply.
- Upon placement approval, all training candidates must agree to complete and return time sheets and evaluations as provided.
- Placement with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is subject to the above terms and staff availability.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.