Pre-professional Observations and Shadows
Thank you for your interest in placement with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. Please note that it currently takes 60 days to process all placement requests because of concerns about COVID-19.
Pre-professional shadowing is limited to 24 hours in total per year per candidate. All post-high school applicants requesting shadowing placement with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic must meet the following requirements prior to the start of the placement.
- Placement approval from the site or program mentor.
- Complete the required application and orientation documents. (You may send us electronic copies of the following documents when you apply.) The following additional documentation is required a minimum of 10 business days before the placement start date:
- A statement of interest and specific learning goals for your shadowing experience along with a copy of resume or CV.
- Proof of current Two-Step Tuberculosis Skin Test (TWO separate results) or other acceptable documentation of TB Status. (Only if observing for more than 8 hours total.)
- Seasonal Influenza vaccination.
- All health tests are candidate responsibility and expense.
- All shadowing placements are subject to a criminal background check.
- Upon placement approval, all showing candidates must agree to complete and return timesheets as provided.
- Placement with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is subject to the above terms and staff availability.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.