fbpx Skip to main content
Close up of woman's hand adjusting a household thermostat
Energy Assistance
Energy Assistance

Help paying your energy bill.

Our Northwest Community Action Center helps cover energy bills for low-income families living around the Lower Yakima Valley.

Our approach to Energy Assistance

Keeping the heat on can be as important to your household’s health as food or medicine. If your family qualifies, Northwest Community Action might be able to help out with $1,000 worth of assistance on your bill each year.

Northwest Community Action’s goal is to keep you and your family warm, safe, and stable. You shouldn’t have to choose between heat and other necessities. We can help low-income families who need help paying their utility bills, low-income families whose utility service has been cut off or received notice that they will be disconnected, and low-income people who own their homes but need emergency help replacing or repairing their heat. If you can’t get every room up to 65 degrees, we might be able to help. The higher your bill, the more help you could get.

We can offer Energy Assistance to eligible households in these zipcodes:

  • 98920 Brownstown
  • 98921 Buena
  • 98930 Grandview
  • 98932 Granger
  • 98933 Harrah
  • 98935 Mabton
  • 98938 Outlook
  • 98939 Parker
  • 99350 Prosser
  • 98944 Sunnyside
  • 98948 Toppenish
  • 98951 Wapato
  • 98952 White Swan
  • 98953 Zillah


Man sitting at computer reviewing bills

Help you paying your bills.

  • Grants from $100 to $1,000 per household each year. Awards are based on what it costs to heat your home, your average monthly income and the number of people in your home.
  • Emergency appointments if your heat or utilities have been cut off or you’ve received notice that they will be.
Contact the Program
Close up of woman writing on a pad of paper

What to bring to your appointment.

  • Your most recent energy bill or proof of address
  • Proof of Social Security number for all adults living in your home. (Your Social Security card or a letter from the Social Security Administration will work)
  • Current ID with date of birth for the primary applicant. It’s best if all adults in the house can provide ID, too
  • A Social Security card, birth certificate, or passport for anyone over 18 living on your home
  • Proof of income for all adults in your house for the last three months before your appointment. Any of these will help:
    • Pay stubs dated back three months before your appointment
    • Social Security award letter (including SSA, SSI, SSDI, and SSP)
    • Proof of pensions or retirement income, such as an award letter from this year or bank deposit statements
    • Any documents about child support, unemployment, caretaker income (COPES), self-employment of 1099 income
  • Any unemployed adult who had no income must fill out a “No Income Statement”

Are you interested in joining our team?