Skip to main content
young mother with support worker
Homeless Services
Housing Support Services

Helping those affected by homelessness.

Our Northwest Community Action Center works to reduce short- and long-term homelessness in Yakima County

Housing Support Services

Housing support services are available to those in Yakima County who are:

  • Low-income
  • Currently homeless
  • At risk of becoming homeless

Housing services can include:

  • Move-in costs
  • Rental assistance
  • Temporary hotel/motel shelter

NCAC is a Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) provider. We serve clients referred by the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS). This program is eligibility based and funding is limited.

Contact the Program

Rapid Re-Housing (RRH)

RRH helps those who are unhoused to quickly return to stable housing. Clients must meet housing status and income requirements:

  • Currently homeless
  • Income at or below 80% of the area median (Click here to see local median income levels)

Each case is different, but participants may receive funds for:

  • Security deposits and move-in expenses
  • Rent

The program is meant to provide short term help to get clients back on their feet and regain self-sufficiency.

Contact the Program

Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) Program

The HEN Program provides essential needs items and rental help. The program is for those who are low-income and not able to work for at least 90 days due to their physical and/or mental health. The Department of Social and Health Services, Community Services Division, (DSHS/CSD) determines who qualifies for referral to the HEN program. The Department of Commerce, through a network of service providers, then determines eligibility for rental help and essential needs items. Services provided through the HEN Program may include:

  • Limited rent
  • Move-in costs
  • Personal health and hygiene items
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Transportation assistance

Clients interested in this program must contact DSHS/CSD to determine if they qualify first.

Emergency Hotel/Motel Vouchers

Hotel/motel vouchers are available during times of extreme winter weather. They are meant to be used when other options are not available. Clients must meet the following housing status requirements to qualify:

  • Currently homeless
  • At or below 80% of the area median income (Click here to see local median income levels)

NCAC serves all who are homeless and provides help to those most in need.

Contact the Program

Are you interested in joining our team?